Senior Support Worker
Are you working in fantastic surroundings? Are you part of…
Night Support Worker
130 Heath Street, Chesterton, N-U-L, ST5 7ND
£9.64 per hour (nights)
Variety of working hours and shift patterns available
Heath Street is one of 13 learning disability care homes that belong to Choices a leading, award winning not-for-profit care organisation. Located in Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme Heath Street provides care and support for 6 Service Users. The needs of the Service User vary and include; dysphagia, epilepsy, dementia, enteral feeding, and cerebral palsy.
You will be working with a team of people who deliver planned care and support for Service Users and respond to any issues that may occur due to the needs of the Service Users. This scheme is a very busy working environment and there’s always something going on (e.g. activities in and out of the scheme) and there’s always something new to learn.
We are looking to recruit Support Workers who can contribute toward the achievement of our goals and the deliver of person centred care to each individual Service User. We currently have both day and night positions available and can offer flexibility for both working hours and shift patterns.
To carry out the role of a Support Worker working at Heath Street you need to be;
– Enthusiastic and willing to take part in a variety of activities (e.g. shopping, trips to the cinema, eating out and day trips/outings).
– Caring and be able to demonstrate this when carrying out daily tasks/activities.
– Level headed and be able to deal with emergencies calmly.
– A good team player and not be afraid try new things.
– A problem solver and be able to work alone to resolve issues and/or concerns that occur daily.
– A good communicator and be able to change your approaches to suit individuals that may not understand what you are trying say/do.
– Positive and demonstrate this through your actions on a day to day basis.
Whilst not essential it is preferred that you have previous experience of working in a similar role where you have delivered care and support to Service Users who have a variety of needs in a busy working environment.
What can we give you?
Choices can offer you;
– Working hours and shift patterns that suite your personal circumstances.
– Excellent, award winning training development which is fully funded by Choices and completed during your contracted working hours (this includes completion of the Care Certificate and Level 2 RQF in Health and Social Care).
– A rewarding career where your day to day actions make a real and positive difference to the people that we support.
For further information about this role call Sharon on 01782 563259 or to apply please use the form below.