Dawn, our care Manager at Barngate, is looking to recruit part-time Support Workers to work as part of our l care team. Barngate is property situated in Leek, we have 11 flats and offer person centred care and support to male/female adults with learning disabilities who are 18 – 65 and over. In this role you will be required to support all tenants
Dawn and her team are proud of the care that they offer to our tenants and are now looking for an experienced Support Worker to join the team. Yes, your new job role will be challenging but very rewarding and we are certain that you will be proud of your achievements and learn and/or develop your skills as a carer in this established and supportive team.
As a Support Worker at Barngate you will work within a team to;
-To read, follow and implement individual care plans and risk assessments.
-To support the client group during the day
-To be able to work on your own and as part of a team
-To have good interpersonal and communication skills
-Where applicable, to carry out personal care such as;
– Assisting tenants with bathing, showering, toileting, and oral hygiene
– escorting tenants in the community, accessing health appointments.
– To work flexibly on a rota basis to meet the needs of the service. This includes weekends, bank holidays
– To attend and participate in training as required by the organisation (during worktime hours).
In return for the above Choices can offer you:
-A full and comprehensive induction programme.
-A variety of shift patterns earlies and lates with the option of picking up floating shifts
– 20 days annual leave plus public holidays in lieu
– A friendly, supportive and working environment
– Additional pay for overtime
– Access to study fully funded formal qualifications and courses in work time
– Access to the Choices’ Employee Discount Scheme.
Do think you have the attitude and personality that Dawn is looking for? Then please contact Dawn Hughes on 01782 346317 between 9 & 5 Mon – Fri to discuss this exciting opportunity. Or apply using the form below.