Support Workers Various hours available Choices are currently recruiting for…
for 17 Norton Avenue, Stoke-on-Trent
Various Shift Patterns
30 hour post
17 Norton Avenue is a learning disability care home located in Stanfields, Stoke-on-Trent. The home has 2 female and 3 male service users that have a range of complex needs including learning disabilities, sensory needs, physical health conditions and mental health needs. Each individual requires person centred care and support to enable them to participate in a variety of activities of their choice.
We are looking to recruit an individual to join our longstanding team, who is willing to work together to effectively support our service users to achieve their goals. This would include care and support with daily living activities, sensory activities, health promotion, inclusion within the local community and planning of activities in line with each individual’s preferences and abilities.
As a Support Worker you will;
– Deliver person centred care and support
– Attend and participate in support planning meetings
– Help service users to achieve personal goals and promote inclusion and independence
– Maintain a service user’s dignity and respect in line with each individuals requirements associated with their race, culture and/or religion.
– To work together with families and other professionals in the best interests of the service users with complex needs
-Respect an individual’s privacy by maintaining confidentiality and data protection regarding all personal information at all times.
To carryout the role of Support Worker at Norton Avenue you will need to be;
– Motivated and caring with a cheerful disposition
– Interested in people and willing to take part in activities both within the home and out in the local community
– Confident and able to support Service Users out in local community on a one to one basis
– Reliable and honest with a genuine interest in people from a diverse range of backgrounds
– Flexible, adaptable and willing to go above and beyond to get the best outcomes for the people we support.
In return as a Support Worker Choices can offer you;
– A good salary and 28days of annual leave (including time off in lieu public holidays).
– A variety of different shift patterns to suit varying personal needs.
– Afriendly and supportive team and place of work.
– Full training that you are paid for completing.
– Support to study formal qualifications that relate to health and social care.
– Access to the Choices Employee Benefits Scheme.
If you feel that you have the personality, skills and/or knowledge and experience to carryout the role of Support Worker, please use the form below to apply.