Night Support Worker- Parkwood Extra Care
Parkwood Extra Care Scheme Park Lane, Woodside, Telford, TF7 5GA…
Senior Support Worker
Chasewood, Longford Road, Cannock, WS11 1RJ
£9.71 per hour (£18,934.50 per annum)
Permanent, full-time, 37.5 hours per week
(Shift pattern is variable to suit the needs of the service)
Chasewood is an extra-care scheme which has 63 apartments. The scheme’s aim is to provide independent living for people aged 55 and over who have care and/or support needs.The role of Choices is to deliver care and/or support to tenants that require this in their own apartments.
As a Senior Support you will;
– Work with the Area Care Manager to oversee the day to day activities of the teams of Support Workers based at Chasewood.
– Ensure that care and support are provided as outline by a Service User’s care plan.
– Ensure compliance with organisational policies, processes and procedures.
– Participate in the care and support planning process by; attending meetings, contributing towards the assessment of needs, developing appropriate outcomes and recording a Service User’s progress in relation to the desired outcomes.
– Assist Service Users to maintain their independence by encouraging their involvement in decisions affecting all aspects of their life.
– Report concerns regarding a Service User’s health and/or well-being as outline in organisational policies and procedures.
– Work with families and other external agencies to ensure continuity of service and communication.
– As outlined by a rota participate in the on-call service for a designated “area” and number of schemes.
– Conduct and record staff “Support and Supervision Meetings” and when needed carryout unplanned and unannounced observations of Support Worker practices.
To be a successful Senior Support Worker you will;
– Possess experience of working in a similar role where you had responsibilities for staff support and supervision.
– Possess a Level 3 RQF in Health and Social Care or similar professional qualification.
– Possess good I.T. skills and be able to demonstrate a proven ability to interpret data and produce reports.
– Be able to work alone or as part of team effectively.
– Be calm, patient and be able to deal with emergencies in a way which inspires confidence.
– Lead by example to ensure that effective and efficient delivery of the service.
– Possess a full driving licence and have access to your own transport.
What can we give you?
Choices can offer you;
– Excellent, award winning training development which is fully funded by Choices and completed during your contracted working hours.
– Access to a suite of employee benefits/discounts.
– A rewarding career where your day to day actions make a real and positive difference to the people that we support.
For further information about this role or to apply please use the form below or call Dawn on 01782 346317.