Hi, I am Jayne the Registered Manager at Limewood and we are looking to recruit a Chef/Cook on a 30 hour contract to work in our purpose built, awarding winning Dementia Care facility.
At Limewood we have 59 beds and offer residential and nursing care to people at every age and stage of dementia.
Our team are proud of the care that they offer to our diverse group of Service Users and they are looking for experienced Chef/Cook to join the team.
As a Chef/Cook you will;
- Assist the Facilities Manager to manage the operation of the Kitchen.
- Manage the preparation and service of all meals and ensure that the required service standards are achieved at all times.
- Facilitate the ordering of food and disposables within identified budgets
- Facilitate nutritional and varied rotational menu planning
- Ensure that all resources and utilities are used prudently ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the kitchens to minimize food loss and wastage
- Ensure the cleaning of designated areas, equipment and utensils take place to ensure that they are kept in a hygienic condition and meet required environmental Health Standards
- To work flexibly on a rota basis to meet the needs of the service. This includes working weekends and bank holidays.
- To attend and participate in training as required by the organisation.
To meet and exceed the requirements of an individual in this role you will need to posses the following;
- Level 2 NVQ in Catering
- Previous experience working within a busy kitchen environment
- Knowledge and application of Food Agency standards and proven experience of planning and co-ordinating of meals.
- An understanding of dietary needs in relation to religious beliefs
- An understanding of dietary needs in relation to dietary intolerances and procedures needed to prevent cross contamination
In return for the above Choices can offer you;
- 20 days annual leave plus public holidays in lieu
- A friendly, supportive and state of the art working environment
- Access to the Choices’ Employee Discount Scheme.
Do think you have the attitude and personality that Jayne is looking for? Yes, in the first instance please contact Jayne or Jelena on 01785 215678 to discuss this exciting opportunity. Alternatively you can apply using the form below.