We are a learning disability care home located in Chesterton, Stoke-on-Trent. The home supports service users that have a range of complex needs including learning disabilities, sensory needs, physical health conditions and mental health needs. Each individual requires person centered care and support to enable them to participate in a variety of activities of their choice.
We are looking to recruit an individual who has an NVQ 4 and is experienced in working with physical and complex needs to join our longstanding team, with a willingness to work together to effectively support our service users to achieve their goals. This would include care and support with all aspects of daily living activities, sensory activities, health promotion, inclusion within the local community and planning of activities in line with each individual’s preferences and abilities.
You will operate with significant autonomy in the operation of the home, ensuring that the high standards of both the home and Choices are maintained at all times. Together with fellow Choices managers, you’ll contribute to initiatives and projects aimed at improving service delivery through continuous improvement across the organisation.
In this position, you will enrich the lives of our service users through the delivery of high quality person centered care and support that enables independence and achieves valued outcomes. The main purpose of the post is to assist the Registered Manager in the effective management of the home by ensuring compliance with statutory, regulatory and organisational standards.
The post holder will report to the Registered Manager and in their absence will undertake the full range of the Registered Manager’s duties. In addition the post holder will be expected to work in a flexible way and in other service settings as required. Together with other management colleagues, participation in the organisations managers’ on-call rota will also be required.
To carryout the role of Assistant Manager at Heath styou will need to be;
– Motivated and caring with a cheerful disposition
– Have an NVQ 4
– Experience with working with a complex service user group
– Reliable and honest with a genuine interest in people from a diverse range of backgrounds
– Flexible, adaptable and willing to go above and beyond to get the best outcomes for the people we support.
In return Choices can offer you;
– A good salary and 28days of annual leave (including time off in lieu public holidays).
– A variety of different shift patterns to suit varying personal needs.
– A friendly and supportive team and place of work.
– Full training that you are paid for completing.
– Support to study formal qualifications that relate to health and social care.
– Access to the Choices Employee Benefits Scheme.
If you feel that you have the personality, skills and/or knowledge and experience to carryout the role of Assistant manager level 1, please call Sharon on 01782 563259 / 07837032304. Or apply using the form below.