General Scope of the Post:
Contribute as part of a team to the effective operation of the home through the delivery of high standards of care to residents which are compliant with statutory, regulatory and organisational standards.
To provide care for the residents under the guidance and supervision of the homes management team and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the home as required.
Main Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties:
1. To carry out personal care such as; assisting residents to get in and out of bed, to get dressed/undressed. Assisting service users with bathing, showering, toileting, oral hygiene and continence care.
2. Encourage residents to use any assessed equipment to maintain their independence and mobility.
3. Ensure that the residents are able to experience high levels of social support and stimulation to include escorting residents to social activities.
4. Act as a keyworker for a number of residents within a defined cluster(s).
5. Attending and contributing to reviews or multi-disciplinary meetings.
6. Report any concerns, problems or changes in residents conditions, needs or circumstances to a member of the homes’ management team.
7. To read, follow and implement care plans.
8. Follow approved guidelines to administer basic first aid to residents as required.
9. To enable residents to plan meals which are wholesome and nutritious and to support them in the preparation of snacks and related domestic tasks.
10. Maintain a professional relationship with residents and colleagues at all times and to undertake allocated duties in a correct manner.
11. To answer the telephone and initiate any actions required as a result of any call.
12. When required, escort residents to hospital or to any other appointments to ensure they receive appropriate medical care and attention.
13. Ensure compliance with all departmental policies, procedures and legislative frameworks.
14. To work flexibly on a rota basis to meet the needs of the service. This includes weekends, bank holidays and nights.
15. Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines at all times.
16. Behave in a manner that reflects positively on the unit and the organisation at all times.
17. To participate in supervision sessions with a nominated supervisor/manager.
18. To attend and participate in training as required by the organisation.
19. Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time that are appropriate to the grade of the post, although suitable adjustments will be made in line with the Equality Act.
Confidentiality relating to residents; other employees and Choice’s commercial and business activities must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with professional codes of conduct and relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act. The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Choice’s policies and procedures relating to confidentiality. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
• Safeguarding Adults:
All staff have a responsibility to safeguard residents. All staff must be familiar with, and adhere to the organisations’ adult protection procedures.
It is the responsibility of all staff to be familiar with their role & responsibility around safeguarding and to ensure that they have completed training at a level commensurate to their role.
• Social Media:
Inappropriate use of social media in such a way that brings the organisation into disrepute or breaches confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken. Employees should not use social media to engage in discussions about other employees or former employees of the organisation in such a way that beaches their privacy or in any way may be deemed as harassment.